Thursday 8 May 2014

Day Tripp'n to Brauerbirds































 Repost from Lisa's Closet
Words by Lisa:

Just 15 mins out of Byron Bay, NSW is the cutest little town and my former home town Bangalow. I spent the last four years living in Bangalow before I decided to follow my heart and travel in between Australia and Bali to put 100% into my label and see if I could make some dreams come true.
When I lived in Bangalow, I worked a couple of days a week for Kathy and Ralph Brauer –  Owners of Wholesale Interiors Company ‘Bisque Interiors’ and Fashion and Homewares Boutique ‘Brauerbirds‘. I got to know Kathy really well in this time and loved working in her beautiful store. She has the most incredible eye for detail and styling. When you step into her home you feel like you have stepped on set to a photo shoot for Vogue Living. From candles, to nostalgic home ware pieces, to divine linens and of course exceptional fashions and jewellery. You can get lost in this store (and get poor! lol!).
Kathy has supported my label and my vision from day 1 being the first store to ever stock Lisa’s Closet. I know affirmation comes from within, but when I was starting out I had a lot of doubts about my designs so I was so so grateful for her encouragement and support, and for her continued support of my journey with Lisa’s Closet.
Recently I returned to Byron to catch up with my beautiful sistas Celeste Twikler (also now stocked at Brauerbirds), Lex Weinstein from Gypsealove.blogspot.com.au and total legend and babe Carly Brown (who is responsible for all these amazingly beautiful images) for a little shopping expedition out to Brauerbirds. Work and play tend to overlap in this little gang we have formed, but it seems one love is the same as the other these days. :)
I am so grateful for the sisterhood and support all these women give me in my life. Love working, Love playing, Love road tripp’n and catching the occasional wave with you. Love eating pizza and making cups of tea. Love styling, Love mermaiding… just LOVE your beautiful souls.
A day spent with these gals is time spent over the rainbow.
Big love. x
Film by Chrystal Fitzgerald: www.gypseatales.com 
Photography by Carly Brown



No comments:

Post a Comment